[kj] punk fest

Purple29pixie at aol.com Purple29pixie at aol.com
Mon Nov 14 22:36:29 EST 2005

Read this last night and did a bit of investigating. Was going to reply that
I couldn't see the Slits listed on the Academy in the UK  2006 gig at
Birmingham Academy. Last time I saw Ari Up it was billed as Ari Up's The Slits but
there were no other members of the Slits although she did do some Slits material.
No mention of the Slits reforming on Ari Ups website either.

Tonight a mate came round and told me someone told him last night that The
Damned, Sham 69 were playing at Birmingham Academy and the Slits were reforming
and playing there. Spooky eh? Apparently his friend isn't a Killing Joke fan
so wouldn't have seen your posting on here. The plot thickens.

Did a bit more digging tonight and found this article from Rolling Stone.

<A HREF="http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/6880942/theslits?pageid=rs.Artistcage&pageregion=triple3">http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/6880942/theslits?pageid=rs.Artistc
age&pageregion=triple3</A>

Still can't find anything about them playing Birmingham though. It's all very
intriguing.

Let me know if you hear anything else

Cheers

Lynne