[kj] re: Suicide bomber & Jaz

Jiri unspeakable at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 11 17:09:34 EST 2005

I'm not so sure. (I assume you mean Bloodsport? Butcher isn't on the
DVD...but during Bloodsport he's saying the whole "mines, guns, bombs,
hand grenades...I wanna be a suicide bomber...this is religion...I go to
holy communion...and then I want to kill afterward")

It's perhaps beside the point, but I interpret in moments like these
that he is acknowledging the darker parts of human nature, with a bit of
criticism, perhaps, but more of a "so this is human nature, laugh at
your peril" way. Just my two-cent impression. He has struck me as
anti-imperialist war, yes, but not exactly anti-violence.

GregSlawson at aol.com wrote:

> It's very obvious that the whole song is a criticism of human violence.

Ah, but is Jaz criticizing it or simply acknowledging it?

Alex in NYC

On Friday, November 11, 2005, at 12:38 PM, GregSlawson at aol.com wrote:

After seeing hundreds of posts on this, happened to be watching the dvd
and noticed that in the song "Butcher", Jaz is ATTACKING AND CRITICIZING
HUMANS FOR BEING VIOLENT. Therefor, isn't his suicide bomber comment
also a criticism of violence and thus suicide bombers? Why hasn't anyone
noticed this?