[kj] Jaz as Suicide Bomber Part Deux.

Mark Kolmar mkolmar at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 18:07:59 EST 2005

On 11/10/05, Alex Smith <vassifer at earthlink.net> wrote:

> And for Jaz to spout crap about "death without fear" and whatnot one moment, then to applaud life so zestily the next ("Age of Greed," "Money is Not Our God," "Love Like Blood," and his contstant mantra-like repetition in interviews that "life is short"), just smacks a bit of hyporcisy.

I'll wait until I see the interview, to get the comments in full
context.  But a couple of comments in the meantime:

I am not sure "death without fear" and zest for life are in conflict.
Make the most of what you have, and then try to die without fear.

In one, very narrow sense, it is admirable to devote yourself so
completely to a cause.  On the other hand, suicide bombings are quite
ineffective toward the long-term goals those bombings are supposed to
achieve. It is senseless, pointless violence that holds a small sliver
of one admirable quality.  In all other respects, suicide bombings are
quite pathetic and tragic for all concerned.

--Mark