[kj] the league of ordinary armageddon

Mikael Byström mikael.bystrom at punkass.com
Tue Nov 8 15:54:17 EST 2005

Sergt. Dregs said:

>>   It's not the first sentiment I've found
>> questionable from Jaz & his bandmates.  I remember
>> Raven saying that Geordie was "clapping with glee"
>> when he saw those planes hitting the World Trade
>> Centre (I recoiled with horror and disbelief at what
>> I saw - it still has a surreal quality).
>
>I laughed out loud in a TV shop!
>
>It'd be even funnier if Texas sank into the ocean!

That's funny. My thoughts within 5 minutes, after I read the news article
on Wired's site and then watch TV, was more revolving over the fact what
perfect reason USA would have to extend their power over the world and to
make way for war and how all this could affect freedom in the third world
and in Europe.
All I can say that you initial emotions were naive, to say the least, and
it doesn't seem that you realize even today that what you really
applauded was the more or less limitless power of fascist america.
And, no, it will not bring forward a revolution. Terrorism is
counterproductive and Bin Laden et al are a tool for the american
warmachine that is the military-industrial complex. They both gain, not
the people of the world.