[kj] Killing Joke's genre

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Tue May 24 20:46:04 EDT 2005

 Tho' it sounds redundant, i'll add it for emphasis: KJ
individually are exceptionally& creatively talented, musically
and artistically  (even Youth!..is he here? :* ) - and that's
also why they deserve top honors.

  And sales also wouldn't hurt.

--- circuit bender <circuit_bender at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Nicely put sir. Don't forget to put a bit of reggae in the mix
> though ;]
>
> GregSlawson at aol.com wrote:We're forgetting that the Joke were
> the first, or one of the first, to come up w/ a new style and
> sound (a lot like the Ramones in punk, or Gang of 4 in
> post-punk, or Dizzy Gillespie in jazz, or Bo Diddley in rock,
> or Bill Monroe in folk, etc. etc.). They combined punk, new
> wave, metal, industrial/goth, funk, and electronic music into
> a new sound that no one had at the time, and that millions of
> bands have been influenced by since. That's one reason (aside
> from being a good band) that they deserve a place in rock
> history.

As the masters rot on walls
And the angels eat their grapes
I watched picasso