[kj] Pigface? ... and more futile attempts at defending theDamage Manual

Christof hamille wessidetempest at hotmail.com
Wed May 18 13:46:38 EDT 2005

Pigface started off as exactly that.  It was the, in all essence, the backup
band of Ministry - Al Jourgenson.  Even BArker was involved early on. The
first few albums and several tours had people that were in the band for the
fun of it as there regualr bands were still going (for the most part).  It
seemed like by the time they got past Notes from Thee Underground the whole
dynamic changed and not for the better.
Age is catching up to Martin Atkins and he cannot pull it off live like he
used to.  Watching hearing him live used to be awe inspiring.  And Pigface
revolved around his drumming ability (listen to Fook).
All star line ups can surely suck.  Especially if they are there for the
career advancement or $$.  But they can also be brilliant when they are they
as true collaborators which is what early Pigface was.
Now it is Atkins last attempt to work and a stepping stone for those
attempting to stay in the musical limelight.

Pigface is your last stop before getting a day job.

Chris