[kj] Top 5

Jiri unspeakable at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 10 14:39:02 EDT 2005

I like reading a bit about the "why," too, so here goes...
(off the top of my head, subject to change daily)

Feast of Blaze - great highs and lows from Geordie, the whole song is a
frenzied call to feast

Pssyche - "Ha!" version especially, but any time, any version, it's
always a classic stormer

Inside the Termite Mound - a great example of sound and beat perfectly
complementing the lyrical message. Retains the KJ signature atmosphere,
sounds awfully disgusted with mass culture, and moves at the pace of
poor saps slogging through their day.

Savage Freedom - Blasted this all day when I finally escaped my last
job. Everything works here, even Youth's overly noticeable bass.

Unspeakable - Esp. Ha! version. They completely captured a state of mind
here, and recreated the environment that goes with it. I achieve nirvana
when all four members (and their instruments) are in top form like this.