[kj] The Punk And Oi

Dave Noonan noonan.hq at ntlworld.com
Thu Mar 31 17:10:01 EST 2005

Check this site out for Punk/Oi bands news,

http://www.punkoiuk.co.uk/contacts/index.asp

I am afraid I have outgrown a lot of the lyrical sentiment like Œfuck the
police¹ (surely a lifetime¹s work if one was to dedicate oneself...) but
still get a buzz out of an energetic three chord tune ­ I am also a sucker
for chugging guitars ­ whoever plays them!

And the Anti Nowhere League murdered Streets of London like no other band,
just how a good cover should be - different! So fucking lay off them!!!  The
Exploited were of their time and you have to listen to them in the context
of early 80¹s Thatcher ravaged England. I still like ŒRace Against Time¹
(GBH) - damn good warm up tune!

There is an Oi Punk/Scooter fest at Morecambe ­ no idea when...anyone??...

Harking back to the Stranglers debate ­ Five Minutes ­ how punk fucking rock
is that, always gets the hairs on the back of the neck to attention that
baby! Rattus is my LP of choice, who these days works a bass neck like JJ on
Goodbye Toulouse?

Dave
Leeds