[kj] Undersung KJ songs

The Stranger letranger789 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 28 12:47:59 EST 2005

I definitely agree that Savage Freedom is one of the highlights on an album of relative lowlights.  I love the guitar riff after Jaz sings the line "this savage freedom I love".  Also, I always had a soft spot for Prozac People.  I love the murky dark bass and spindly guitar intro and I think the chorus is fantastic.  I also always loved the avalanche of guitar that kicks in at the beginning of Pilgrimage. I like Aeon but it's not a favorite.  As with most of the stuff  on that album, I think it's better than most other bands are capable of but just not quite of the mind-blowing caliber that I'm used to with the Joke.  I reeeeally wish I could've heard it before Youth got his mits on it and took out all the keyboards!

Adam

Alex Smith <vassifer at earthlink.net> wrote:

On the way to work this morning, my iPod set to a random selection of `Joke tracks, the melifluously malevolent strains of "Savage Freedom" filled my `phones. I'm not a big supporter of the DEMOCRACY record, but **OOF** does this track ever cook. Sure, it's a bit busy (was the acoustic guitar necessary?), but with the possible exception of "Aeon," it's the best thing on the album.

Agree? Disagree? Others to discuss?

Alex in NYC