[kj] Echo and the Bunnymen

The Stranger letranger789 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 25 16:31:32 EST 2005

The Bunnymen should be sainted and knighted by the god of music for their services, if you ask me.  I met the guitarist a while back and I asked him what he thought of Killing Joke and and his eyes lit up and he said "yeahhh I really liked their first four or five albums!  I used to listen to them a lot."

Tin, I would recommend the same for the Bunnymen.  The first 4 albums are pure dark magic.  If you really want to dig, I say look out for a rare B-side called "Broke my Neck".  It's so dark no light can escape it's gravity.  It starts off with a revolving bass line that sounds like a cello caught in a medieval torture device in reverse.  And then the guitar creeps in like a filthy little secret.....  Magic!   I DJ occasionly and when it gets really late (and I get really drunk) sometimes I throw this treasure onto the turntables and then stand back and watch the commoners squirm and shift.  I gotta stop doin' that....

Tinsoldier645527 at aol.com wrote:
has anyone heard killing moon by these guys?it totally rocks!!!i havent really been into eighties music until recently,after starting to listen to KJ's earlier stuff(and watching Donnie Darko repeatedly).But Echo and the Bunnymen just totally blew me away,they remind of REM in a strange way,i just can't think why

Look at the controller,Nazi,with a social degree,
Middle-class hero,rapist,with your eyes on me.
You pay some masturbation,the Priest cheers for the nuns you fuck!

http://mail.yahoo.com