[kj] What an earful?

The Stranger letranger789 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 25 16:10:12 EST 2005

At one point I had the honour (no, it was really misfortune)to be in one of the bands opening for Wang Chung at a music festival in Idaho called......that's right, LOLLA-POTATO. The Chungs had some contractual obligation to do a live show and they chose this festival in rural Idaho to fulfill it. Backstage Mr. Wang was borrowing a guitar from another guy and said "what's this switch for?" to which I offered "That's the turbo boost, man!" To which Wang responded with a blank half angry stare... They didn't seem happy about their lot in general. Anyway, when they got on stage, not only was the turbo boost not utilized, the guitar wasn't even plugged in!! No amp in sight.  Just two dudes on the stage miming to Everybody Wang Chung Tonight! It sounded just like the video though...

Adam

Alexander Smith <vassifer at earthlink.net> wrote:
Wang Chung's lives should be spared for "Fire In the Twillight" and the
title track to the film, "To Live & Die in L.A." For everything else
they did -- most regrettably "Everybody Have Fun Tonight" -- they
should face a lifetime of venomous scorn.

Alex in NYC