[kj] etiquette

Paul Rangecroft spud.u.hate at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 05:22:37 EST 2005

concerning recent events:

firstly, i couldn't care less about PW using my name. nobody thinks
it's me so what difference does it make if he posts as me or as Peter
Pumpkinhead?

starting a new list? i dunno. possibly this could work. if people are
leaving then the argument about not wanting to break-up the list
doesn't apply.

look at it this way: if a group of friends who all liked KJ were down
the pub (prop. A. Misera - bloody nice bloke with a fine knowledge of
german beers), and one was a special needs child who couldn't speak
english properly and keeps dribbling his shandy, spitting crisps
everywhere and insulting people every time they open their mouths, and
said retard was banned from the pub next door, wouldn't they all just
go next door?

the argument "there is one Killing Joke" wouldn't make any sense. nor
would the free speech argument. "there can be only one" seems to imply
a lack or perspective, like we are important or intrinsically linked
with the band. we're not - just friends hanging out and chatting. some
people only use the gathering message board and some people only use
joe's boards so we don't even represent the entire online community of
KJ fans.

if i am resposible for people leaving the i apologise. personally i
think peter west is the source of most of the negativity here, which
is why i decided to tackle him (despite advising people in the past to
just ignore him or block his account(s)!)  he campions mik's cause for
promoting the band (though quite why someone who has never heard of KJ
would be looking at his site is a mystery to me) but he himself does
the exact opposite by continually driving people away.

i would be in favour of any method to get rid of him. if someone wants
to start a new list, get colesy, iPat and everyone else who has left
because of PW back on board then go for it. if anyone has some
constructive criticism about my own behaviour i'm all ears (i'm not
sure if greyson was referring to me below, the word "idiots" (ie
plural) would seem to imply she is not just blaming peter west).