[kj] OT - the fixx is in

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 12 14:04:03 EST 2005

  Just saw Teh Fixx (a band playing since the 80s, like KJ)last
night at BB Kings(N.Hlwd.) and gotta say they're fun to go see.
Yes, fun. Cy(always w/his no-style hair style) really seems to
have fun onstage and seems like a genuinely likable guy. He
makes bird whistles and heavy breathing rhythms and jokes:"I can
see yoh' ahmpits from down here.. did you shyve?" The guitar was
awesome, the originality the feel and the flair of it, and some
good solos too. I liked it all. Learned too that the opening to
Red Skies was all harmonics. Great Show. Reminded me of seeeing
Will Sargeant w/Echo%Bunnymen show.
  So my point is if I may hypothesise ,heehee, that Geordie
could very well indeed play some awesome guitar *gasps* solos
without having to end up sounding like Metallica or Iron Maiden.
Jamie did it last night perfectly. And Geordie comes close
enough on several songs. Even if it means Jaz pulling a rhythm
guitar from under his frock. j/k So i propose that Geordie
include in next album any improvisational solo-ish riffs that
come up on their own. It would be a treat even a kJ fan would
grudgingly appreciate. And if not, then let him join another
outfit (part-time of course) where he can get away with taht
stuff.

Geordie n Jaz,
http://www.roughedge.com/photogallery/2002/images/Judas_Priest0005.JPG

As the masters rot on walls