[kj] Gigs, less violent...?

Dave Noonan noonan.hq at ntlworld.com
Wed Mar 2 18:00:40 EST 2005

I thought gigs had definitely got less violent until I went to see the
Pistols at the Palace - 30,000 (or so...) cider punks completely wankered
going utterly berserk ­ I nearly lost a leg in the fray! Sadly on Thursday I
was practising my knit one purl one...as you lot had selfishly filled the
pit.  Oh and special thanks to the security guard for reminding me to sit
down over 20 times before finally realising that it wasn¹t Westlife we were
watching ­ and one of the beer throwers could have been my brother who
misjudged his step calculation while carrying a heavy load, but we were at
the back and definitely not within tipping distance of the band. Someone
mentioned the Meteors ­ by far and away the most threatening audience I have
been in & seeing the singer leap into the audience with a baseball bat to
restore calm???!!! I found out why they called it ŒPsychobilly¹.
--

Big Dave
[Leeds]