[kj] OT-kentucky zombie terror

fatpotanga fatpotanga at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 2 05:27:21 EST 2005

God that¹s scary and depressing ­ the worlds going mad.
So this is this freedom of speech Dubya¹s so proud of eh?
Sounds like it¹s becoming more of a dictatorship each day.

I read about a TV programme this week where volunteers were subjected to the
methods used at Guantánamo Bay (I always get the tune Montego Bay in my head
when I hear that)
Anyway these techniques have been taken from US military manuals.
Sleep deprivation is illegal under international law, but the US military (&
no doubt the rest of us) are tweaking definitions to get round its usage.
This is now termed ³sleep adjustment¹ and if a detainee escapes torture by
taking his own life, he is not a suicide victim but guilty of ³manipulative
self-injurious behaviour²
Also mentions  the Special Removal Unit, a secretive US kidnap team that
abducts people suspected of terrorism and hands them over to countries where
they will be tortured for information.
One point made that really rung true to me is that ³torturers only ever find
out what they want to hear²

This isn¹t me having a dig at the US ­ it¹d be naive to presume this isn¹t
going on everywhere and by everyone & has been in various forms since the
year dot.
I just found it depressingly interesting.