[kj] "punk" gig..whiskey sheriffs.....

LONESTYLE at aol.com LONESTYLE at aol.com
Thu Jun 30 13:38:33 EDT 2005

Mel,

The cops in L.A. back then were totally assholes and always had it out  for
us punks back then.  Seeing my 2nd english punk band  after The Joke was Vice
Squad & Chron Gen. They used to have 2  shows a night there at The Whisky so my
buddy and I would stay behind somehow  and get to see the second show.
Anyway, at this gig which was in August of 1982  we wentt outside after and there
were sheriffs parked and cars pulling  up and outside. I remember this one punk
doing stage dives on a patrol car  with his motorcycle boots on! It was
completely nuts. Classic! Then  punks were running all down the strip breaking
windows! I was 14 and  was like this is fuckin crazy!! The cops were hitting punks
with their billy  clubs, etc. They would not care if you were 14 or 21 back
then. They had a hard  on for beating any punk they could! My buddy and I got
out of there  fast! That was only one of many riots I was in in good old Los
Angeles! ;)

The Pilmsouls had one hit "A million miles away" that was in the 1982  movie
Valley Girl. Do not know if you have seen it Mel? But they are at  this gig
playing and the actor Nicolas Cage is drinking getting ripped? Anyway  it was
fun while it lasted.;)

~ Lonely Boy

In a message dated 6/30/2005 6:24:13 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,