[kj] your first "punk" gig.....

Robert Martin robmartin at bluebottle.com
Thu Jun 30 05:24:46 EDT 2005

Pat
I can't seriously believe you want to get back to doing some work when
there's some serious nostalgia going on here.
Crass - that was an experience. The regular skinhead anti-Crass
meeting was in a pub very close to the gig and funny enough, when we
came out of the gig, there was a couple of 7 foot tall skins behind
us. We were about 15 and shit scared - thinking that we were about to
get knifed. They were talking to us and must have bottled out doing it
but probably went back to their mates and said they'd 'done' us.

Then you mention Theatre of Hate. Excellent band although I think Kirk
Brandon's earlier band was even better - The Pack. The raw guitaring
on some of their tracks still does as much for me today as it did 25
years ago. As for Kirk Brandon's voice - awesome!

Cheers
Rob

Quoting gathering-request at misera.net: