[kj] Your First "PUNK" Record? - THE RUTS!

circuit bender circuit_bender at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 29 12:21:43 EDT 2005

The Ruts, absolutely one of the best bands to have existed! RIP Malcolm :[
Ever heard the mad professor remixes of Ruts DC?

Wittz <wittz at starsandmoon.plus.com> wrote:

>>Next up was The Clash then Eater and the Vibrators

Eater - Get Your Yo-Yo Out - classic

Maybe the ranting of a senile 40 odd year old but there was a lot of quality records coming out at that time.
One that really deserves a lot of praise IMO is The Adverts - Crossing The Red Sea, and Joy Divisions (can we put them as punk ??) Unknown Pleasures was on another planet. Did somebody mention The Ruts as well.

Give me a tardis and out me back in 1979,please.
God that kicked me into life...for a second.

Brian.

On Wed Jun 29 14:55 , iPat <pmdavies at gmail.com> sent:

Rattus Norvegicus by The Stranglers when it came in the door at the shop. Next up was The Clash then Eater and the Vibrators. There were others that i cant really recall right now in that mix but they were the ones that really left their mark! Then the Bollox for christmas with 999 shortly afterwards....oh happy days

On 6/29/05, Christof hamille <wessidetempest at hotmail.com> wrote: Well...my uncle and hius friends let me "borrow" The 1st New York Dolls and
the 1st Ramones for about a year (late 70s).

The 1st albums (all at 1 time) I bought with my hard earned money were
Ramones-s/t, The Clash-Combat Rock and Dead Kennedy's-Fresh Fruit...

My household was filled with a lot of music from my family and their
friends.  So I was already exposed to the NYC punk movement and the more
popular UK bands like the Clash and the Buzzcocks, Jam, etc.

Chris

--
iPat
There is the urge that makes for conformity, and the urge to be free. However dissimilar these two urges may seem to be, are they not fundamentally similar? And if they are fundamentally similar, then your pursuit of freedom is vain, for you will only move from one pattern to another, endlessly. There is no noble or better conditioning, and it is this desire that has to be understood.