[kj] nice guy?

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 20 11:57:15 EST 2005

To be fair, when I spoke with Big Paul this past autumn, when I asked
him about any regrets, he *DID* say that he felt bad about about some
of his past behavior. He also lamented that people presume him to be
aloof and unfriendly when, in fact, he's just a quiet guy (with a
flammable temper).

Still, he seemed like an awfully nice gent.

Alex in NYC

On Thursday, January 20, 2005, at 06:33 AM, parasikon wrote:

> Seems unfair that Big Paul's been gone this long and the subtle shots
> like these still continue.Before they do anything else, all three of
> them should just hop in a car or plane and go see this guy.Get it over
> with and ascend to the next level.
>
> fluwdot at earthlink.net wrote:
>
> from the undercover interview featured at madani's:
>

> JC: Well we were going to have three drummers originally on four
> tracks each or three tracks each or something like that. They were
> going to be Danny from Tool - who incidentally is upstairs as I speak
> - he was going to play something. We were going to have John from
> System of a Down and we were going to have Dave as well, but when
> Dave came in and heard everything, he said "I want to do this, this
> is mine." So there you go, that's how it happened.
>
> TC: Danny from Tool is an amazing drummer, so that obviously shows
> how highly you rate Dave.
>
> JD: He's a fucking killer drummer! Dave's fantastic too and the great
> thing about both of them is that unlike all the other drummers we've
> had, they're nice people! Hahaha!

<image.tiff>