[kj] Re: great moments in KJ history, number 8

Robert Martin robmartin at bluebottle.com
Wed Jan 19 08:10:16 EST 2005

Antoni
I had you down as a damn fine bloke, right up to the point you
mentioned the 'c' word (chelsea).

Rob

Quoting gathering-request at misera.net:
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 20:38:48 -0000
From: <antoni at clara.net>
Subject: [kj] great moments in KJ history, number 8
To: <gathering at misera.net>

Right, I must admit my increase in postings is a combination of two
factors. Firstly, I'm damn excited about the imminent gigs but
secondly it helps to be signed off from work for 2 weeks with chicken
pox. Fantastic. Hence, a bit more time on my hands. Therefore, a dip
into the archives is the perfect tonic. Back to the dark days of 1988
following the acriminous KJ split then release of the Outside The Gate
LP to fairly universal condemnation (though it still holds a place in
my heart). So, what could be worse ? Apart from Chelsea getting
relegated, as they duly were ... then my marriage broke up. So, what
happened in my time of need ? The boys duly delivered. It was
announced that Killing Joke was back. ODIC letters were received in
the post, signed by Jaz & Geordie. I was ecstatic. Not just back, but
with a real statement of intent. The new album was to be called
"Extremities" ... http://home.clara.net/antoni/newkj88a.jpg ... the
dry humour was still evident as Andy Rourke
 was briefly onboard yet jettisoned ... and a legendary & cultured gig
to boot ... which included an early performance from Talvin Singh,
many years before he received his Mercury Music Prize ... if only I
could remember much about the evening ... I was so horribly drunk ...
Regards, Antoni