[kj] semi-OT: Music vs. Message

iPat pmdavies at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 05:50:54 EST 2005

i see it slightly differently. I see them as extremely political in
the fact that they were apolitical and came from a moment that saw an
explosion of rejection of acceptance.
What kj did was funnel through their sound a huge ammount of anger and
violence at the concept that you had to do as you were told and that
mediocrity wasnt acceptable.

politicakl message is sold to us in the form of left and right with
something insignificant in the middle of established govt. It is in
fact far greater than that and is in every act we do.

As time moved on i think the music parodied the change in focus and
the void left by the absence of that anger was perhaps indicative of a
time when people werent angry and to be quiote honest the music was
not as vibrant as there early days (for me anyway). That anger is
returning again and hopefully we will see the best of the joke again.
Personally, looking at the likes of the artwork also indicates this.
Guess its subjective.

--
iPat
live for today, live for tomorrow