[kj] OT Firewater

Alex Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 10 14:47:30 EST 2005

Well, yeah, JetSet's CEO was Shelly, Tod's wife (Tod also acted as JetSet's art director). Tod and Shelly have since broken up, I'm sad to report (though I think they're both much happier as a result). The status of JetSet at the moment is uncertain. I believe Shelly is trying to sell the operation, but I'm out of that particular loop.

Who knows? Maybe Firewater will be resurrected at some point. Here's a statement about it Tod made sometime back in November, just prior to making his decision to goto Bangkok.

"...everything is up in the air. I have two sacks full of songs -- 18 demos which I really like. But at this point I am not sure what will happen to them. I would surely love to put them out, but I'm not sure who will do it in the US, for reasons I am unable to discuss just now.

At the same time, I am sick to death of this country and the people who appear to be running it. I really don't think I can take four more years of The Idiot and his brood. Accordingly, I've booked a ticket to Thailand in the new year for 6 weeks in order to take a course in TEFL (Teaching English as a Foriegn Language)so I can learn a viable trade which might allow me to travel far from this Godforsaken joke of a country.

Mostly, I just need to get the fuck out of here for a while. Otherwise I fear I may begin randomly killing people, starting with the President. However, if I get offered a job in Thailand, who knows -- maybe I'll be teaching English to Japanese flight attendants in Chang Mai in a couple of months."

Tod A, 11/20/04