[kj] Reason makes perfect sense

first fossil firstfossil at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jan 1 15:00:39 EST 2005

I reckon this Motley tour is just part of the grand plan to edge Killing Joke towards the more conservative metal market. Another part of the plan is to break away from the band's origins, the long term fans, the 80s associations and striking off a fine artist. His images are probably too camp for the metallers, that being a compliment.

As xxxxxxxx said at the beginning, it's business and if you're a normal investor you're going to go for the more lucrative option rather than what's to your taste. Makesyer sick though.

But in the end it's the music that matters, not the branding, and if the new CD is a real, authentic KJ record I'll stick around.

Leigh Newton <angrytomhanks at yahoo.com> wrote:
I'm not too sure that playing to a bunch of aging
rockers who've long since lost interest in discovering
new bands is the proper groundwork for a new audience.
Whoever's idea this is must have their head stuck real
deep in the sand. Inside a bubble. On top of a tower.
Far away from reality.

Leigh