[kj] OT:Whale rock

Bo Krogsgaard t23 at mother.brap.dk
Tue Feb 15 09:13:52 EST 2005

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005, Leigh Newton wrote:

> It seems we all agree that Houdini is a good album to
> bring to Melvins 101. Crybaby, however, is one of
> their worst. More filler than killer. Some great
> tracks though.

Well yeah, some tracks are crap, but Mine Is No Disgrace with Foetus on
vocals is simply pure excellency so i guess that's why i spin that one
most often.

> Neurosis definately ain't what they used to be. Both
> Souls at Zero and Enemy of the Sun are essential, but
> i also give it up for Through Silver Blood or whatever
> it's called. The one with Locust Star on it. But yeah,
> Times of Grace and everything that follows just ain't
> up to snuff.

That four track thing they did isn't bad as such, but they are surely
losing their grasp on what they once had.

> I guess i'll meet you outside with that coupon, Bo,
> cuz Sunn 0))) are totally ok by me. Wouldn't listen to
> them all the time, but there's definately some cool
> shit going on.

I dunno, to me they sound like putting a couple of bass guitars in front
of a couple of Marshall stacks for an hour and then calling it "music".

> And then, there's always Khanate, if you just want
> your face seared the fuck off.

That's because James Plotkin is a fucking genius :) I love the stuff he
did with KK Null (Zeni Geva are godlike) and his solo albums are damned
amazing, especially A Strange Perplexing or whatever it's called.

Also, Namanax is pure utter brilliance, but that's a whole other story.