[kj] OT more unlikely pairings

xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx at whitemail.ie
Thu Feb 10 14:12:35 EST 2005

Anyway thought you said you were  American."

  Juliet,I think you missed out a "an",between "were" and "American".It should be:I though you were AN  American.

"English Literature award" is permissible because:
 1.I was referring to Mel ,who is English
 2.We speak English in America
 3.Anyway more than the above ,I was referring to the English language ,rather the the country.Or would you prefer it if i referred to the language as American rather than English?

    XXXXXXXXXX