[kj] re: I want to be a suicide bomber

Mark Kolmar mkolmar at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 18:06:39 EST 2005

I use the term "Islamofascist" to point to a noxious combination of
Islam and fascism, as distinct from mainstream Islam.  The Islamic
fascism I am talking about is drastically more authoritarian than
Islam itself would provide, even while Islam describes a combination
of religion and government.  Islamofascism combines all Islamic
tendencies with autocracy, extreme regimentation, extreme
authoritarianism, and merging of state and business leadership, which
I believe is a fair definition of fascism.

I can't defend the positions of some other people who also use this
term, but I stand by it.

As for "taking a side", I favor social libertarianism, centrist
economics, and complete secularism, which makes me the polar opposite
of what I describe above.  So you better believe I take sides.

--Mark