[kj] re: I want to be a suicide bomber

GregSlawson at aol.com GregSlawson at aol.com
Sat Dec 17 16:55:19 EST 2005

In a message dated 12/17/2005 4:31:38 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mkolmar at gmail.com writes:

> Jaz's comment about wanting to be a suicide bomber during
> "Bloodsport".  In context, it's obvious he is being precisely ironic.

Finally, someone gets it. I watched the dvd w/a friend last night, who was
pretty unfamiliar w/ the Joke, and he was mesmerized--he insisted on watching
the whole concert (and then we watched the excellent new Don Letts documentary
on punk rock). In listening to Jaz's talk during that song, it's obviously a
sharp attack on violence, and the hypocracy of Catholicism--in fact, one of the
best anti-violence rants I've heard!