[kj] OT: Tookie and Arnie

Scarlet lucyfyre at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 19:19:18 EST 2005

Papa Lazarou :)

Well in part it came from the line "And God look at the society he lived
in."
Trouble with all political models is that we will always have some kind of
polemic argument going on in the background.  Polemicists like Tookie will
always come to the surface.

Unfortunately per the general public, the only way to deal with polemicists
like Tookie is to be another Tookie, as Raymond Lee Washington found out. In
Tookie's case the State of California was the other polemicist.

>From Tookie's autobiography: "I was beginning to understand that my
experiences with the dysfunctional status quo of the prison culture - as
well as drug addiction, poverty, gangsterism, racism, and other roadblocks -
had become the excuses that defined my life. But no longer would my life, my
being, be dictated by blind ignorance. Nor would I ever again allow the
excuse of circumstance to dictate who I should be. It was daily studying and
questioning that prompted my soul searching. I began to develop a sense of
critical reasoning from which sprang the first stirrings of conscience. This
was the moment when redemption infused itself into my life."

I think this line of resoning has found a martyr.

ALWays
Scarlet