[kj] OT: Tookie and Arnie

gingoblin at easynet.co.uk gingoblin at easynet.co.uk
Tue Dec 13 15:56:28 EST 2005

At 14:23 13/12/2005 +0000, you wrote:

>So if it was your dad/mum/son or daughter who was gunned down at the whim
>of a bully and destroyed your happiness what would your perspective be?

Believe me Pat, I've thought about this... I'd want to kill them, pure and
simple. But that would be an emotional reaction, and I think that stuff
like the death penalty needs a more objective view. I really fail to see
any decent argument for it, and mostly it just ends up being more like a
revenge-killing, sanctioned by the State (the very ones who say it's wrong
to kill... well, in most cases).
Dave in Edinburgh