[kj] OT: Tookie and Arnie

gingoblin at easynet.co.uk gingoblin at easynet.co.uk
Tue Dec 13 09:15:49 EST 2005

I just fail to see what "good" was extracted from killing him. Is the world
safer? Do the families of the people he supposedly killed feel better? Are
there people thinking "no, I won't commit crimes 'cos i might get
executed"?  Oh sorry, I forgot, The Terminator gets to please all the
bloody-thirsty, revenge-driven pricks he counts as votes.
The death penalty is just fucked.

Oh and if he was just trying to get a reprieve by pretending to be a man of
peace... even if he WAS... I don't see how the State killing him has had
any positive effect. By all accounts, William's writing DID have some good
effect, even if he was faking it like you think Tim.  We'll certainly never
know now.

It still amazes me a "civilised" (yeah, I know) country like the US still
has the death penalty. Then again, with all the killing-for-peace going on,
nothing should surprise me these days.