[kj] OT: Tookie and Arnie

Pat pmdavies at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 08:00:12 EST 2005

Make them suffer i guess.
FWIW the argument against his execution(not an expert just picked up off a
radio debate) was that he did a lot of anti gang talks for kids in areas and
that he was a better example alive NOT to go into gangs than dead. If there
was no hope then the youth will not bother.
However, the victims and their families have seen the person who impacted on
their lives finally get the full punishment.
I also heard one statement that Tookie was a victim of the 60s civil rights
'victory' where the black population got social welfare and hence became
dependent on the state and hence was a victim. Interesting line of thought
that one