[kj] Extremities

Graeme Dregs crackedmachine at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Aug 27 12:11:06 EDT 2005

The problem with the CD of Extremities is it is so
damn quiet. It definitely ought to be remastered!

My Fire Dances CD also suffers from this affliction.

Its not a problem on the big loud stereo but is on
crappy ghetto blasters.

One friend of mine who claims to only listen to
Killing Joke says Extremities is his favourite album.

--- Mark Kolmar <mkolmar at gmail.com> wrote:

> Do you mean Extremities?  Usually I prefer CD over
> vinyl, all else
> being equal.  But in the case of Extremities, the
> vinyl sounds very
> nice while the CD is not that great.  Either way,
> you must play it
> loudly on a clean-sounding system to get the full
> power out of it.
> That's down to the mastering.  Extremities would
> gain much from a new
> digital transfer and mastering -- but without being
> squashed!  Who
> owns the rights?
>
> --Mark

Cracked Machine irregular cyberzine
http://www.webinfo.co.uk/crackedmachine

"What one thinks of as extremes seldom are" :: BC Gilbert