[kj] Barfly fight

DenLowrie at aol.com DenLowrie at aol.com
Thu Aug 25 16:04:00 EDT 2005

You're full of it, mate. Set aside the KJ manifesto for a minute and deal
with the facts. I was right in front of the bass man when it happened. It all
started when the geezer responsible for the unfortunate flashpoint pulled me and
several other bods out the way in true moggadon fashion to clamber over the
barrier (nothing was going to deter him!). Anyway, he practically fell over the
thing and that's when it got a bit tasty. Raven asked the geezer to get lost a
couple of times and he also requested a little bit of assistance. There was
no security in sight (cool), so Raven had to deal with the situation himself
(not so cool). Put yourself in the bass player's plimsoles for a few moments. A
surly-looking geezer, clearly off his nut, suddenly looms up in front of you
while you're twanging your bass and stands there, a foot away from you, staring
at you. Perhaps the geezer's harmless enough and (yeah yeah) perhaps his
drink was spiked, but the man behind the bass wasn't to know, was he? I thought
Raven handled it reasonably well under the circumstances. He got the geezer in a
headlock and threw him to the floor, job done. Many others confronted with a
similar sitch might've battered the geezer. You have to look after yourself up
there. Furthermore, the geezer was a monumental pain in the arse long before
the incident in question, shoving his face into other people's faces
(including mine) and speaking in tongues (all of them unpleasant or undechiperable),
clinging to or climbing over people in the crowd like a munted mollusc (and we
ain't talking mosh-pit antics here, the wrecking crew was great!). And he had
no intention of stage diving (what stage??) or shaking Raven's hand or giving
him a big wet sloppy kiss. So, please spare us your Baghdad blues, it was much
ado about nothing...and I can't believe I've wasted so much time discussing
it!?!? Heh-heh-heh. The gig was aces. And I got to do something after the gig
that I've been meaning to do for nearly twenty-five years...I gave Jaz a hug.
Den
p.s. Keep on truckin', Jester!