[kj] democracy remaster

Leigh Newton angrytomhanks at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 22 01:21:06 EDT 2005

I don't think it was looking to the market anymore
than Pandemonium was. Or even Nighttime, if you
consider what was huge then. Does that make it bad?
Hell no. Some of the best music in the world was
written with the specific goal of it being a hit.

But i don't even think that's a valid argueing point,
cuz in 2003, it was all about garage band horseshit,
fake new-wave, and having a "The" at the start of your
band-name. If it was pandering on their part, then it
was about 5 years off the mark.

And goshdarnit, i'm just about sick of people
describing the album as "bad metal". How about GOOD
metal? That's a little more like it. To me, it sounds
like Killing Joke's take on heavy music, just like
Nighttime and Brighter were both their version of a
more poppy sound. Yes, it's a different sound than
what we're used to, but the simple fact is that YOU
WILL NEVER HEAR THEM DO ANYTHING LIKE THE FIRST FOUR
ALBUMS EVER AGAIN!!!!

Leigh