[kj] what the heck happened to pandemonium?

Michael Stack mikestack1677 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 9 15:32:41 EDT 2005

Hey.

Long time lurker here, haven't seen this thread
(though I confess the volume on this list is too much
for me, so I may have missed it), and I thought I'd
ask.

So I picked up all the remasters in one fell swoop,
and this afternoon popped in "Pandemonium".

I heard the familiar wacky horn sounds and though, hm,
they took away whatever it is that Jaz mumbles at the
beginning that I could never understand.  And the bass
throb is gone, and then all the sudden it starts and I
realize, wow this isn't really a remaster but rather a
remix.  There's this prominent guitar line on top of
it and during the verses the guitars/violins/whatever
the main riff is all cut out.

So is this just me or what?  What the heck happened to
"Pandemonium"?  The rest of the record (so far) sounds
the same (although "Jana" had its bass turned way
down....).

mike