[kj] Slightly OT: Jaz's survival tips!

nicholas fitzpatrick gasw30 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 2 07:17:38 EDT 2005

Never, ever, leave a broom on a bed...And certainly don't open umbrellas
indoors!

I’ve found some source material from a survivalist network that almost
certainly will form part of Jaz’s survival Bible (excerpt and link below).

HOUSEKEEPING HINTS

1. Don't take ashes out of the fireplace or wood stove between Christmas and
New Year's Day.
2. Never place a broom on a bed.
3. Close umbrellas before bringing them into a house.
4. Avoid sweeping after sundown.
5. You mustn't wash clothes on New Year Day.
6. Don't shake out a tablecloth after dark.
7. Never wash a flag.
8. Don't turn a chair on one leg.
9. Keep cats off piano keys.
10. Don't hang a dishcloth on a doorknob.
11. Sweeping under a sick person's bed will kill him or her.
12. Don't ever, ever rock an empty rocking chair.

For more see http://www.textfiles.com/survival/100dying.asc