[kj] More Colesy Questions....wot a pest I am.

bernies at ntlworld.com bernies at ntlworld.com
Wed Apr 27 09:53:01 EDT 2005

>From what I know ALL the reissue albums will be remastered (re-EQ'd, that is) along the lines of the stuff on For Beginners.

Firedances has been remixed by Geordie (as it was self-produced by the band and he was never completely happy with it) so the Firedances tracks on For Beginners may be the only versions of the original mix that get released.

Geordie did want to remix Brighter until he heard the original Chris Kimsey mixes (before it was remixed by Julian Mendelsohn). It should be the Kimsey mixed version that gets re-released, for an example of this compare Rubicon on For Beginners to the Brighter version.

Don't know if any of the albums (apart from Ha!) will have extra tracks. The only ones I was asked for details on were the extras on Ha! Don't suppose there'll be any more live stuff on there as (1) EMI only have the Ha! tapes and (2) there may not be any way to digitally 'unstretch' the stretched Ha! tapes.

I'll ask my man in the hot seat...

> From: fatpotanga <fatpotanga at gmail.com>
> Date: 2005/04/27 Wed PM 12:00:25 GMT
> To: The Gathering <gathering at misera.net>
> Subject: Re: [kj] More Colesy Questions....wot a pest I am.
>
> On 27/4/05 12:49 pm, "Alexander Smith" wrote:
>
> > 2. Are FIRE DANCES, NIGHT TIME, BRIGHTER THAN A THOUSAND SUNS, OUTSIDE THE
> > OUTHOUSE and EXTREMITIES being getting re-released?
>
> This was the thing I was curious about.
> Was is Geordie who was remixing & revamping these or am I all muddled up
> again?

Email sent from www.ntlworld.com
virus-checked using mcAfee(R) Software
visit www.ntlworld.com/security for more information