[kj] TG Wreckers/Coil

Mark Kolmar mkolmar at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 13:18:53 EDT 2005

On 4/10/05, Alexander Smith <vassifer at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Who here is a Coil fan?

I am...

They are the most consistently artful and inventive of the TG
offshoots.  PTV has some genuinely amazing stuff, alongside some
terrible wankery.  Chris and Cosey have taken a fairly similar
approach, for the most part, over the past 25 years.  It's all
well-crafted in a slithery, European, mainly rhythmic sort of way, but
not a whole lot of motion forwards, or sideways for that matter.  Coil
are well worth checking out.  I'd suggest Black Light District if you
can find it, or the Moon's Milk compilation of their 4
Solstice/Equinox EPs.  Most of their output is "between pressings" at
the moment -- with the end of World Serpent Distribution, and due to
the limited runs that sometimes were a challenge to get even for the
devoted.  We'll see what Sleazy does now, after Balance's death.

--Mark