RE: [kj] DON ¹ T FORG/gulf war dance

ade ade at the-lab.zetnet.co.uk
Tue Apr 12 19:24:14 EDT 2005

Yeah, I think that's why they were scared enough to get US help!
Looky:

"On 30 January 1991 the 15th Iraqi Mechanized Infantry Brigade attacked
across the border a small town,Al-Khafji, in Saudi Arabia. The attack was
swiftly repulsed; it served only to dissuade any wavering allies from any
notions that Saddam would be willing to be satisfied with merely taking
Kuwait. He would indeed aggrandize all his fellow Arabs.

Operation Desert Shield was meant to defend Saudi Arabia, but in January of
1991 President Bush, advised by Collin Powell and the Joint Chiefs of Staff
determined to go on the offensive and take the war to the Iraqis... "

and then...

"The air campaign against Iraq was launched 16 January 1991, the day after
the United Nations deadline for Iraqi withdrawal from Kuwait expired. Saddam
was given every opportunity to conclude the stand off peacefully, but
US/Iraqi talks in Geneva were inconclusive, at best."

...t!ts-up.

Quoted from http://www.indepthinfo.com/iraq/

ade.