[kj] TG Wreckers/Coil

Peter Moltesen moltesen at freenetname.co.uk
Mon Apr 11 16:33:42 EDT 2005

> Nurse with Wound, did you say?

I certainly did !!

> I used to be friends with someone many years ago

Diana Rogerson ?

 whose husband was Nurse
> with Wound.

Steven Stapleton ?

That was the only time I ever heard the name, but I thought
> it was a brilliant name. She gave me his latest record at the time which
> was called Lilith after his daughter. I found it pretty hard to listen
> to. From a positive angle I would say would say it was meditative. I was
> told that he did very well selling music by mail order, even though I'd
> never heard of him. Well enough for them to move out to Ireland and buy
> a house outright.
> Is that the same Nurse with Wound you are talking about? I still have
> the Lilith record and it is in mint condition. I'm afraid I didn't ever
> listen to the whole thing!

its the self same,
I must admit Soliloquy for Lilith isn't my favourite Nurse album (although
if you've an original
3 LP box set, its worth a pretty penny or two :o). Most NWW albums are
pretty different to
each other - some are meditative, some are decidedly not meditative and most
of them completely
defy description - sort of like an aural equivalent to a Dali or Magritte
painting, if thats of any use.
My favourites are the Sugar Fish Drink CD, and Salt Marie Celeste, theres
also a great compilation
of Nurse collaborations with various other folk called The Swinging
Reflective - there are so many
Nures albums and most of them are at the very least interesting - some of
them border on genius

Peter