Re: [kj] DON ¹ T FORGET TO VOTE

iPat pmdavies at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 08:00:23 EDT 2005

yeah but shes a fucking tory! have you forgotten the destruction of
many working peoples rights thanks to their policies?

her recent voting history.
Prevention of terrorism bill (3rd reading) - 28.2.2005
MPs voted on an amendment to make all control orders at the discretion
of a judge. Rebels voted in favour. The amendment was defeated and the
bill given its third reading.  For
Prevention of terrorism bill (2nd reading) - 23.2.2005
Second reading of a bill to introduce control orders for terrorist
suspects. Rebels voted against.  Against
Identity cards - 20.12.2004
MPs voted on the second reading of the government's identity cards
bill. The Conservative frontbench supported the measure, with Labour
and Tory rebels voting against  For
Hunting ban - 15.9.2004
The government reintroduced a bill to ban foxhunting and hare
coursing, to be debated and voted on over the course of one day. MPs
voted 356 to 166 in favour of the ban.  No vote
Higher education funding bill - 27.1.2004
MPs voted on the second reading of the government's higher education
bill - which included plans for variable student tuition fees. Rebels
voted against.  Against
Lords Amendment on foundation hospitals - 19.11.2003
MPs voted to reverse the Lords¿ decision to remove references to
foundation hospitals from the health and social care bill. Rebels
voted against. The amendment was defeated by 17 votes.  Against
Rebel Amendment on Foundation Hospitals - 8.7.2003
MPs voted on Frank Dobson's amendment to remove references to
foundation hospitals from the health and social care bill. Rebels
voted in favour. The amendment was defeated by 35 votes.  For
Total ban on hunting with dogs - 30.6.2003
Rebel motion to ban hunting with dogs outright. Rebels voted in
favour. The motion was carried.  Against
Foundation hospitals rebel amendment - 7.5.2003
MPs voted on an amendment opposing the creation of foundation
hospitalsRebels voted in favour. The amendment was defeated.  No vote
Amendment to government Iraq motion - 18.3.2003
MPs debating the Iraq crisis voted on an anti-war amendment. Rebels
voted in favour. The motion was defeated.  Against
Anti-war amendment in the Iraq debate - 26.2.2003
MPs voted on an amendment tabled by Chris Smith and Douglas Hogg. The
amendment was not carried. Rebels voted in favour.  Against
All-appointed Lords - 4.2.2003
Motion to appoint all peers in a future House of Lords. The prime
minister backed the introduction of this option. Cabinet rebels voted
against, although this was a free vote. Motion was defeated.  Against
All-elected Lords - 4.2.2003
Motion to introduce a fully elected House of Lords. The leader of the
Commons backed this option. All MPs given a free vote.  Against
UN resolution 1441 - 25.11.2002
Liberal Democrat amendment limiting justification for war with Iraq
without further UN sanction. Rebels voted for the amendment.  Against
Adoption and children - 4.11.2002
Vote on government plan to allow unmarried and gay couples to adopt
children. Supporters voted for. The motion was passed.  Against
Morning sittings of the House of Commons - 29.10.2002
Proposal to reform Commons working hours to introduce morning sittings
and end business at 7.30pm. Supporters voted for the motion.  Against
Emergency Iraq debate - 24.9.2002
Procedural motion to adjourn the house following emergency recall.
Rebels voted against. Motion was lost.  No vote
Licensing of hunting with dogs - 18.3.2002
A compromise proposal to allow foxhunting to continue under licence  For
Full ban on hunting with dogs - 18.3.2002
Proposal to completely ban hunting wild mammals with dogs. Supporters
voted in favour.  Against
Opposition to single faith schools - 6.2.2002
Rebel amendment to require faith schools to take 25% of pupils from
other backgrounds.  Against
Home Office anti-terrorism legislation - 21.11.2001
Vote on the contoversial bill giving the governemnt the right to
detain foreign terrorists without trial. Rebels voted against. The
motion was passed.  No vote
International action against terrorism - 1.11.2001
Rebel vote against government's backing for airstrikes on Afghanistan.
Rebels voted for. Motion was lost.  Against
Transport select committee appointments - 16.6.2001
Government motion proposing the removal of Gwyneth Dunwoody from the
transport committee. Rebels voted no. The motion was defeated.
Against
Ban on hunting with dogs - 17.1.2001
Free vote on motion to ban hunting with dogs. Motion was carried.
Related articles Ban on hunting with dogs
MPs vote for ban on fox hunting Against
Extension of freedom of information legislation - 5.4.2000
Amendment to extend scope of freedom of information bill.
Related articles Extension of freedom of information legislation
MPs incite Labour revolt on freedom of information bill
Straw sees off disclosure rebels For
Age of consent February 2000 - 10.2.2000
Vote on government plan to lower age of consent for gay sex to 16.
Supporters voted for. The motion was passed.
Related articles Age of consent February 2000
Commons approves bill to lower gay age of consent
MPs' third gay sex vote ensures law change No vote
Opposition to incapacity benefits means test - 20.5.1999
Motion to block government plans to limit access to incapacity
benefit. Rebels voted for. Motion was defeated.
Related articles Opposition to incapacity benefits means test
Modernisers no more
Labour MPs' revolt may force welfare concessions For
Age of consent June 1998 - 22.6.1998
Vote on government plan to lower the age of consent for gay sex to 16.
Supporters voted for. The measure was passed but defeated by the
Lords.
Related articles Age of consent June 1998
MPs back gay sex at 16 Against
Newspaper pricing - 10.6.1998
Liberal Democrat motion to ban predatory pricing by newspaper owners.
Related articles Newspaper pricing
New Labour revolt uniting left and right looms over Murdoch No vote
Opposition to cuts in student funding - 8.6.1998
Motion to oppose government plan to cut student funding. Motion was lost.
Related articles Opposition to cuts in student funding
Blunkett defied by 31 rebels For
Military action against Iraq - 17.3.1998
Vote to allow UK military action against Iraq if peace bid failed.  For
Opposition to cut in lone parent benefits - 10.12.1997
Attempt to block government plans to cut lone parent benefit. The
motion was lost.
Related articles Opposition to cut in lone parent benefits
Labour's benefits revolt Against

--
iPat
live for today, live for tomorrow