Re: [kj] DON ¹ T FORGET TO VOTE

gregslawson at aol.com gregslawson at aol.com
Thu Apr 7 07:48:15 EDT 2005

Tim Dude,
I don't think it means much to call Kuwait a "sovereign power". It is a country with only 60,000 citizens!!!!!!!! Most of the other people who live there (it must be about a million or so, right?)  are laborers, many immigrants, with very few rights. Sounds like a large slave colony to me. The first Gulf War was also about the US controlling oil, just like the recent one was. In fact, a couple of days before the US invaded, they told Iraq it was ok with them to invade Kuwait. Then Bush I went through a whole bunch of rationales for the war, and they planted yellow ribbons everywhere to win the public to it (I remember during the first week or so of the war, many opposed it. We marched on a major road in Boston, blocking traffic for about 20 minutes during rush hour, and all people did was honk and wave in support! Then the propoganda took over, and everyone seemed pro-war, more than they are now).