[kj] Jaz would nt appreciate this article

The Exorcist killingjoke at speakeasy.net
Wed Apr 6 09:36:55 EDT 2005

First of all sweeping floors, filling super market shelves etc... DOES
constitute as making money.
Every worker deserves respect and credit. People need to do all levels of
work in order for this
world to function. Whether it be Janitorial or Executive.
At the local "shop rite" next to me, plenty of kids go there to make some
spare cash so they have
some money to go to college. This whole concept of "hard work" etc... is a
subject that is one
best avoided. For example, If I discovered the cure for aids somehow or a
cancer of some sort
does that mean that i can not make money off of it? Or should I just give
out to the rest of the world
as it would be the "humane/whatever you wanna call it" thing to do?
Did Bill Gates work harder than others? Who are we to judge? Just because
he was able to pull off
what he did and no one else up to that point managed it, does that classify
him as the devil people
make him out to me? How about all the jobs that were created just because
of "Windows"? I'd have to
say it is in the millions. In regards to his business ethics or practices,
it is not my field of expertise nor
have I done an investigation into his operation (I do not consider Rumors
or Biased opinions as fact)
so I'll keep my mouth shut about that. (What about Hollywood actors, NBA
players or MLB players
who make tons of cash and the stadiums jack up our prices every fucking
year? This year a CHEAP
upper level ticket to the NY Knicks cost you around 75 dollars!)
If someone creates some great invention that is beneficial to all, markets
it, and makes enough money
off one dinky invention to live in great luxury for the rest of his life,
does that make him somehow bad or
not entitled to his money? Are the people who work in the factory
manufacturing this "invention" cheated
out of their money because they "work harder"?