[kj] Jaz would nt appreciate this article

iPat pmdavies at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 09:22:05 EDT 2005

nice one Rob
well you could buy the Feed the World single and think you've done
something but really its not going to work. I feel that change has to
come from us first.
An example might be: by not eating mass produced meat we reduce the
demand for the type of crops that are used to force feed the animals
that are used to cater for the mass produced meat demand. Since these
crops have been forced by bribary on countries where it later emerged
that they could not be sustained (see large expanses of Africa that
suffers famine) at the expense of of the indigenous strains that could
survive the climate, we might be able to return to the long term
solutiion of stopping famine.
While Africs crops failed, we have seen the shift to cutting down
rainforest to provide fertile crops to satisfy demand. Now the fact
that the trees have gone changes the equilibrium of the local area and
has seen resulting flash flooding killing many workers families.
Now this is being simplistic but the information is out there. Its
your choice how you want the world to live. However when i ws younger
i lived almost in daily guilt. We cant solve every problem but we can
start to identify. But dont live in guilt ridden despair! Catholism is
there for that!

.
--
iPat