[kj] WAY O.T. Juno, "The Tragically Hip"

Dave Axford daxford at rogers.com
Sun Apr 3 22:29:43 EDT 2005

Okay,

I've been watching the 'Juno Awards', the Canadian version of the 'Grammy Awards'. Tonight the "The Tragically Hip" have been inducted into the "Canadian Hall of Fame" for music...
The band played fine, but ol' Gord-o was singing about his death to come and REALLY seemed out of it.
I've been told by friends that have met Gord Downey, that he is indeed a very, very strange fellow, but I've never heard anyone say that he was crazy enough to be suicidal....
I'm not saying that he is, but it was indeed a weird 'pre-award' display.

Just rambling...

Dave