[kj] OT - Furs

Jiri unspeakable at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 28 15:38:52 EDT 2004

I caught the Furs this summer (or late spring was
it?). Excellent, excellent show, they were just in top
form, a thrilled-to-be-performing mode, in a fairly
intimate club. Played President Gas and All That Money
Wants, the typical hits too, but a great selection of
songs overall.

Even managed to drag my 64-year-old mother to the show
(along with 3 siblings who used to catch them back in
the day). I've seen them twice since their "breakup"
(whenever that was), and this was the better of the
two shows. There's something to be said for performers
who are naturally having a good time on stage, with
relaxed, warm interaction among band and audience. A
smooth party.

Never expected to see them again, and never imagined
it'd be so good if I did.