[kj] ot - land of the free

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 9 14:02:48 EDT 2004

   So are you against marching protests because of their annoyance, or because,
in general, you find them ineffective and therefore not worth the annoyance?

"peter.west410" <peter.west410 at ntlworld.com> wrote:
"But if Peter doesn't want
demonstrations because they get in his way how long before the principle
leads to not having gigs because the noise offends someone"

I think you ll find that gigs aren't allowed if the noise offends
anyone,Gigs at all concert places are subject to strict noise controls.
If people want to demonstrate ,let them, But I don't want to see or hear
them.Every week-end in London someone's marching somewhere and no one takes
a blind bit of notice of their cause,They just cause traffic congestion and
get in the way.
And what does it achieve?nothing .1 million people marched against the
war,What effect did it have? None.Why cant they march around the
countryside,Or will people complain the cows might get pissed off.