[kj] politics

peter.west410 peter.west410 at ntlworld.com
Sun Sep 5 17:09:49 EDT 2004

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: GregSlawson at aol.com
  To: gathering at misera.net
  Sent: Sunday, September 05, 2004 9:40 PM
  Subject: [kj] politics

  The reason the west allows communist parites is that right now they are too small to be a threat.
      ***They are too small to be a threat,Because people can see it's unfeasable and dont want to know.Capatalist parties arnt allowed in Communist countries because Capaitalism is what people want,and therefore the communists would be overthrown******

   However, even today, when communists get too active, they are supressed. And ever heard of the Red Scare of the 50s?

  *******The 50s arnt today,And nhavent heard of Red Scare******

   Even people who went to one meeting were blacklisted, becasuse the party was much bigger then and they had ties to the SU.

  *******This was during the cold-war era,Things were different then*****

  The Soviets always banned other parties, because they were a threat to the gov.

  *******The people did nt want it,Why dont they have an open election,Let the people deicide what they want***************

  The problem was that capitalism returned withing the communist party iteslf, rather than from outside forces.

  Of course Pol Pot was not a communist. But the educators and media love to say he was to make people (like the ones on this list who get all worked up) think communism is the worst thing possible.
  ********Cambodia was heavily attached to China in the 70s,Indeed Pol Pot,modelled his country on China's,And tryed too be"more" Communist than China,As you ve already stated China was communist in the 70 s I must assume Cambodia was.I ve recently returned from Cambodia.But thats another topic.************

  As for Cuba, they have the best health care and best literacy rate in Latin America.
  *****How do there literacy rates compare to Western countries,Latin America,s not such a good yardstick****************

  They even sent 10,000 extra doctors to help out in Venezuela (albeit for political reasons).
  As I said before, Bin Laden represents the capitalist group (getting stronger) that wants control of all Saudi oil, without US presence there.

  ********Which Capatalist group,The world(not just USA) buys the oil($45 a barrel),If the world was Communist then USA would get the oil foe free!!!!!!!******

  As for communism, check out www.plp.org for articles about what went wrong in the old movement (Road to Revolution III) and what communism could and should be (Road to Revolution IV). I know it's hard to fight the lessons you've been taught you whole life, but capitalism has created worldwide misery and it's got to go.

  *******Speak for yourself ,I thoroughly enjoy Capitalism and freedom****