[kj] (OT) SHOCK!!

peter.west410 peter.west410 at ntlworld.com
Sun Sep 5 14:37:11 EDT 2004

What is the group of  Capitalists that OBL represents,Im sure all his actions are in the name if Islam(But ive never heard him say much).
   Only people who are dedicated to Communism will work for the cause,
  Most people are only concerned with themselves and their daily life.
Artistic people are nt so worried about the money side of things,Looking at it realistically ,people just wont work for no moneyThe 1% of idealists would,But the other 99% would nt bother getting out of bed.
  Communism may have worked in the early 20s in Russia,The world is a lot richer today and more prosperous and people more intelligent of there choices.
Ideally it may work,But in reality,The masses arent interested.
Communist regimes always end up brutalising it's own people.
The West allows Communist parties to exist ,But Communist countries ban other ideologies.Whys that.

I agree w/some points--I like the term "religionists", but I still think Bin Laden mainly represents a group of capitalists, despite all the religious rhetoric, etc. And by  the way, China clearly stopped being communist before the 80s--really by about 1970 (remember when they invitied Nixon?). And I think you counld transfer communism to many small scales--each factory, block, school, etc. would have its own group running things. But the main point is abuot incentives to work. Even under capitalism, people are not mainly motivated by money, although it is a major one, and is of course necessary. People are motivated by many things that matter besides money--doing art or music (ever hear of this group Killing Joke?), doing things for their faimilies, helping out people in trouble, etc. And to use a historical example, the closer the Soviet Union was to communism (early 20s for example), the MORE people were motivated and the less important money was. In fact, there was a short period of a couple of years or so, where the civil war was so bad that there was no $ to pay people--it was in this period that people were so motivated that many volunteered to work for free, and began to industrialize their nation, leading to its superpower (and later capitalist) status that led to the Cold War.