[kj] Whoah...talking about chaos!

Alex Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 29 20:51:32 EDT 2004

To be fair, it's *NOT* just about deleting messages (although when there's 140 messages in your mailbox and 134 of them are stupid back'n'forth insults, that's pretty fuckin' depressing). I'm more upset by the departure of any sense of cohesion/community/solidarity on this list. A few years back, the Gathering was a varied by united collection of individuals. I'm not sure what it is anymore, and that's quite sad.

Peter --- you seem solely interested in winding people up, and you've been wildly successful in doing just that. As a result, there's a overal feeling of listless malaise, and attrition has set in. Mission accomplished. Can you knock it off now and stop acting like a jackass? This is a serious plea.

I used to scoff at people who unsubbed because of the preponderence of "OT" discussions, but y'know what? If this keeps up, I couldn't really blame anyone for abandoning.

That said, I will *NEVER* unsub.

Let's all grow up.

Alex in NYC